Out of hours
Out of hours - on weekdays between 6:30pm and 8:00am and also at weekends and public holidays - the surgery is closed.
If you have an urgent medical problem when we are closed, please contact the NHS 111 out-of-hours service. This is a national service staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by a team of fully trained advisors. They will ask questions to assess your symptoms and depending on the situation, will then:
- give you self-care advice
- connect you to a nurse, emergency dentist or GP
- book you a face-to-face appointment
- send an ambulance directly, if necessary
- direct you to the local service that can help you best with your concern
For more information about the NHS 111 service, please visit the NHS 111 website here https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care/nhs-111/
When to go to A&E
An A&E department (also known as emergency department or casualty) deals with genuine life-threatening emergencies. In such cases please call 999.