Cedar Practice, General Practice in Hackney, aim to deliver a caring and professional approach to patients' primary health care and general well being. The surgery is led by General practitioners, alongside an excellent team of healthcare professionals to ensure a positive patient experience.
Cedar offers good access to GP and Nurse appointments; ranging from on the day appointments, or advance pre-book appointment. Our reception team are here to help patients find a suitable appointment.
New patients welcome.
CQC Rating 2019: Summary Ratings 2019
Today there is good access to see a GP, nurse and other services.
Christmas and New Year Opening Times
Monday 23rd December - 8 am - 6.30 pm
Tuesday 24th December - 8 am - 6.30 pm
Wednesday 25th December - CLOSED (sister practice open - speak to Cedar reception team for appointment info)
Thursday 26th December - CLOSED (sister practice open - speak to Cedar reception team for appointment info)
Friday 27th December - 8 am - 6.30 pm
Monday 30th December - 8 am - 6.30 pm
Tuesday 31st December - 8 am - 6.30 pm
Wednesday 1st January - CLOSED (speak to Cedar reception team for appointment info)
Thursday 2nd January - 8 am - 6.30 pm
Friday 3rd January - 8 am - 6.30 pm
Cedar Practice News December 2019
- Flu season - Flu virus is most common during autumn and winter months, please consider getting your flu vaccine either here at the practice or your local pharmacy. Details of our dedicated flu clinics can be found at the top of this page, we are currently in the process of sending letter invites to all patients who are at risk of getting the flu and all patients 65 years and over. More information on the flu can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/flu/
- Patient Participation Group - next PPG Meeting is Thursday 19th December, 6 pm - 7 pm, Cedar Practice
- Dr Debbie Shier has retired - we wish Dr Shier all the best and we are grateful for the 30 years she has dedicated to the Cedar Practice.
Breast Screening awareness We recommend you take a look at CoppaFeel! website to find out more on the signs and symptoms of breast cancer. If you have a breast concern please contact the practice.
- Online Consult - presented by Egton
A new Online Consult platform, Online Consult. The Online platform aims to help patients seek advice and speak to usual GP. We are slowly gaining popularity with our new online platform check it out and let us know what you think... https://www.online-consult.co.uk/org/cedar-practice
- Fast Access to a Duty Doctor in Hackney:
Urgent GP appointments are available the same day at the Cedar Practice - and at other Hackney GP practices'. We urge you to contact your GP surgery during working hours, to get help with urgent medical problems, before calling 111 or going to a hospital Accident and Emergency department.
- City and Hackney GP Hub appointments
Our sister surgeries offer extended hours appointments. If you would like a weekend appointment or an appointments after 6.30 pm please speak to our reception team who will inform you about other surgery hours and appointment availability.
To find more information about available NHS services in London, visit https://www.myhealth.london.nhs.uk/services
Free Internet Access in Hackney
Friends and Family Test (FFT)
The NHS Standard Contract for 2014/2015 requires that providers of NHS-funded services undertake the Friend and Family Test (FFT). The FFT offers patients of NHS-funded services the opportunity to provide feedback about the care and treatment they received.We are asking patients how likely it would be that they would recommend the service they have received from us to their friends and family.
In order to participate, your Review can be submitted either by the 'Have your say - Friend & Family Test' link or via the link below
FFT Data - November 2019
(Site updated 06/12/2019)